BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Friday, February 19, 2010

Blessings of Friends and Family

My team of doctors have decided they will induce labor around 34 weeks if nothing happens before then.  Today the baby is 32 weeks and 5 days gestational age.  We are trying to hold off labor so that little John's lungs will  mature as much as possible.  Hopefully around the first of March we will be able to hold a healthy baby boy in our arms.

This hospital stay has been difficult for me but Jason and Eli visit me every night.  We do homework and Eli will get in the bed beside me to watch Dirty Jobs.  It's almost like being at home!

Jason is such a wonderful husband.  He calls to check on me several times a day and spends as much time as possible at the hospital. Jason is doing a great job taking care of Eli, doing laundry, and bringing me whatever I need.  I thank God for Jason every day. 

We are blessed with wonderful neighbors.  Eli goes to the Glaze home in the mornings until the bus comes.  Then he gets off the bus at the Watson's house. On early release day last week Eli went home with Kenny Coleman. We appreciate everyone's willingness help out our family.

We are thankful for all of our friends, family, and Christian family who have done so much for us.  The members at Dibble Rd went in and bought a beautiful plant that every nurse, doctor, and visitor comments on when they come to my room. 

One of the greatest blessings from our friends has been the food they have provided for Jason and Eli. Kerry Powlas had Jason and Eli over for her wonderful lunches. April Gaiffis sent casseroles home with Jason that he could freeze. Jason's work buddies have been bringing food for Jason and Eli. The McCords made chili for Jason and Eli. The Goodnights brought a lasagna last Sunday afternoon, the Floods sent a spinach lasagna this week, and the Deevis family sent tacos and brownies

I really should not get bored.  Betsy Glaze, Jessica Bailey, Kerry Powlas, the Goodnights, and Connie Reid have made sure I have plenty of books to read and puzzles to solve. Sylvia McCaskill let me borrow some movies. The Watsons brought me a neat math game.  The Reids gave me a cute ladybug cup with flowers that I can't kill (haha). Kerry & April also brought me a basket of goodies that included chocolates, cute socks, and a nail file that was sorely needed.  Amy Smith brought me a bag of great odds n ends like cards, candles, lip balm, a journal and more cool stuff.  Mary Hickman gave us a beautiful print of South Boundary Street in Aiken.  She knew I had been looking for that!

.
We are thankful that many people have been praying for our baby's safety and health.  We have received many cards from people at South Cullman church of Christ in Cullman, Alabama and many cards from people at Dibble Rd.  Also several people have called, sent emails, and messages.  We appreciate the people that have come to visit.  Being with friends and family makes my day brighter.Michele Earnhart, Kerry Powlas, April Gaiffis, Connie Reid,Dan McMahan. and Betsy Glaze have all visited a few of times.  Other visitors I have not mentioned include Dwain and Brenda McMullin, Jerry and Susan Zipperer, Marlin and Stephanie Goodnight, Lori Engle, and Kathleen Trigg,

Psalm 23:5...my cup runneth over.

.

0 comments: